compatability question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lornajane89

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all. Just wondering if i could keep 6 -12 kuhli loaches with 1 spotted climbing perch (ctenopoma acutirostre) and 1 eupterus syno in a 30g. if id have any size or aggression issues. ive heard some synos may eat smaller fish but i asked my lfs and they said kuhlis are too big and too fast.
Thanks

Last edited:
I know that climbing perch love to eat live food, like crickets and such. That said, kuhlis are extremely peaceful (I have a dozen) and usually get along with any other fish. I don't think the syno would be an issue but it's the perch I'm concerned with. Although they usually don't hit over 4 inches in home aquaria, could they be a threat to the kuhlis? Don't know.

I have the same syno species in my 75. Personally, I don't think a 30 gallon is large enough for this species.

I read that the perch will only predate on things moving through the water column so bottom dwellers are ok as long as they arent too small. Are there any smaller catfish that are generally peaceful?

Back
Top Bottom