Coolest thing yesterday!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dkpate

Aquarium Advice Addict
So yesterday when I was feeding my BGK and D. Gourami, (I feed them by hand or the BGK will hog it all), I noticed that the top of my hand was getting wet. Well it wasn't the filter or anything and I was at a loss as to why it was happening. Then VOILA! I notice my little DG is squirting me with water from his mouth! HAHAHA! I was laughing SO hard! Now, every time my fingers are anywhere near the water, he squirts me. I am going to try to take a video, and then figure out how to get it from the camera to here, and post it. I guess he must be thinking he can squirt the food down out of my hand or something? TOOO FUNNY! :p

Thats adorable!!!!
I love your signature too by the way.... sounds like you have a miniature Seaworld dolphin in your own home!
Cute!!! Definately looking forward for the video...

Yes, I think he thinks he is a dolphin. He jumped out of the water today to get to my fingers too lol! Good thing there is a top on the tank!

Cute! Dont you love the animals that have outstanding personalities??
Do you have a name for your d. gourami?

I think all animals have personalities! I have more pets too lol, and they are all different! That DG's name is Willow, from the movie lol. The other DG is Gimli cause he's a meanie with an attitude problem lol.

My DG did the same thing years ago. I think you are right about squirting the food out of your hand. Mine would only do it after I fed them a bit, then waited with my hand above the tank to drop more. I like your DG's name - That's where I got my nickname from. :)

bwahahaha that would be some funny stuff to see on video. it's like one of my white tip sharks...when I feed them tetra flakes I drop the flakes right at the filter cutout so the stream from the filter shoots all the flakes down for the sharks to munch on. The biggest one has been sticking his entire face out of the water through the filter cutout area cause he knows that's where I drop the flakes...haha he just sticks his face out and opens his mouth...i need to take a video of that too...these fish are wild.

Back
Top Bottom