Cory catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Could I get two different species of cities in my 55gal I have 3 emerald dwarfs

Pygmy Cories are NOT Algae eaters. They eat microorganisms as well as small worms and brine shrimp. They may eat algae wafers, but that is Not the preferred diet. Meat based catfish wafers are better. There is misinformation that Cories should be fed algae wafers as main diet , not true. My club members breed Cories.
C pygmaeus do swim mid tank and check plants for critters, but they do not have the sucker mouth that true algae eating fish have.

Direct info from PC
http://www.planetcatfish.com/common/species.php?species_id=283

Sorry, but I keep seeing this info repeated that they are herbivores.

Regardless of diet, Your pygmaeus are super cute ! I hope to get some later.

Regards,
Tina ( not a dude)
Member SFBAAPS

Well that's weird. I don't have brine shrimp in my tank so the only thing they could be eating would be the flake food that I feed my other fish. I do not feed them algae wafers as they don't go near the bottom. They continually graze on my driftwood & plants so I just assumed they were after the algae. Whatever they eat they're cute & healthy & I've had this group of 5 for almost a year now so they must be doing ok.

I have a 55gal & I keep pairs of corys & they seem to be fine. I have multiple pairs of different kinds that school together & seem happy. The only ones I have in larger groups are the 2 types of pigmies which are both in groups of 5. Here's a bad pic of some of my corys resting. Sterbai, pepper, caudimaculatus, & 1 of my juliis is off to the side & you can't see him/her

image-3941289821.jpg

Back
Top Bottom