Dojo's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rob63

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What's everyone's take on dojos in a community tank

These loaches get huge! Someone brought there albino dojo loach in to the aquarium store because they did not want it anymore because it was too big. The thing was about the size of a full grown common pleco. I was so surprised because usually when you buy these guys there tiny.

Yes I know I've had them 15 years ago when I had fish. Starting up again now love them specially when it's going to rain

I love my dojos. They are awesome! They are in a tropical community kept at about 78 degrees, and they do just fine. Had my guys for almost 2 years now, and I would have more if I had a bigger tank, lol.

I have 4 golden dojo's in a community tank and mine are about 5-6 inches. I have had them for 6 years now and their environment is about 75 degrees. Mine are in a sand environment and they love to burrow in the sand.

They are cool to watch because they are pretty playful.

On a side note, I had to move my neon tetras out of that tank because the Dojo's would accidentally bump into them when swimming and it freaked the neons out.

Dojo loaches are my favorite fish. They have lots of personality and are very active. I have 44 fish in my 38 gallon tank ..... two dojos. This short video (sorry for the reflection from the TV) shows their personality ... it's about a minute long ....... watch to the end ..... then go buy a few and put them in your tank (76 degrees is fine) !!!

38WonderfulWorld_zps0f8edabb.mp4 Video by Paul1792 | Photobucket

And 17 fish in my 29 gallon ...... of which three are dojo loaches.

Thanks guys I'm def getting them when my tank cycles

Back
Top Bottom