Eel with...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lexilove

Aquarium Advice Freak
Am restocking my tank, only thing I'm keeping is my eel. I am getting gbrs & maybe a extremely small bn pleco. I am scared that my eel might hurt the pleco, since it will be about 3/4 of an in. He is really calm but I still worry... What do y'all think???

Lexilove said:
Am restocking my tank, only thing I'm keeping is my eel. I am getting gbrs & maybe a extremely small bn pleco. I am scared that my eel might hurt the pleco, since it will be about 3/4 of an in. He is really calm but I still worry... What do y'all think???

Never In a million years will an eel try to eat a pleco. They are armored and have spikes.

Your fine :)

Thank you SO much:) this will be my 1st pleco. Any advice?

Lexilove said:
Thank you SO much:) this will be my 1st pleco. Any advice?

Well if your tank has been running for a while and has some algae that's better. But you should supplement his diet with Algae Wafers and I feed my Plecos cucumber. They also seem to like shrimp pellets and i believe they need driftwood.
Can you post a picture of your tank?

Certain plecos eat driftwood. Sinking pellets will be needed as mentioned.

I'm going to get some algea wafers & I have nls sinking pellets & I'm gonna try to get cucumbers then. Right now I don't have any dw but heroes my tank.

image-581456875.jpg

Every fish will be out of the tank except the eel.

Looks good just get a small piece of driftwood. My BN Pleco will occasionally eat it. And 1 slice of cucumber every 3 days is enough.

vanimal said:
Looks good just get a small piece of driftwood. My BN Pleco will occasionally eat it. And 1 slice of cucumber every 3 days is enough.

I'll Get some then. Thank you

They are definitely fond of algae wafers. The senegal bichir I used to have ate everything and anything (didn't have a pleco then) that moved, including his identical tank mate. The delhazi (is not the killer the other one was) I have now lived peacefully with a common pleco his size. I've moved the pleco and the delhazi has the 29 to himself now.

I put a large log of driftwood in the 150 for my pleco (took me forever to get the wood to stay down...used fishing line and a cleverly hidden rock lol) I had boiled and soaked. I have seen the pleco on it a handful of times. They are supposed to have it to "rasp" on. Hey, I tried! But she loves to tunnel in the sand.

Well I just figured out I'm not getting him today but I am getting 2 German blue rams and maybe some schooling fish if they'll fit / get along. The had some really pretty tiger barbs the size of a dime & I want them but they might have to wait. I will def get the wafers & cucumber

Got them:) I'll post pics when I get home.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120921_143825.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120921_143825.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 90
  • ForumRunner_20120921_143949.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120921_143949.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 63
  • ForumRunner_20120921_143958.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120921_143958.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 79
Here's my Female BN Pleco and Common Pleco. My other fish kept getting in the way lol

ForumRunner_20120921_192909.jpg

ForumRunner_20120921_192931.jpg

ForumRunner_20120921_192952.jpg

ForumRunner_20120921_193019.jpg

ForumRunner_20120921_193046.jpg

vanimal said:
Here's my Female BN Pleco and Common Pleco. My other fish kept getting in the way lol

Awesome! Lol I didn't get the pleco today

Back
Top Bottom