Effective Water Change Calculator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very interesting. About how much percent of your water are you supposed to change per month?

Very interesting. About how much percent of your water are you supposed to change per month?
Depends how big your tank is. If its under 20gallons, i would say 10-15% per week. If not, 30% per month.
If its over 20gallons, maybe 20% per week, or 40% per month. 30% is fine also.

Depends how big your tank is. If its under 20gallons, i would say 10-15% per week. If not, 30% per month.
If its over 20gallons, maybe 20% per week, or 40% per month. 30% is fine also.

It isn't just the size of the tank which matters, it's the stock and filtration, and how much you feed.

Sorry, but I have to disagree here. 10-15% a week on ANY tank is simply insufficient. I think you will find the overwhelming majority of aquarists on here change atleast 50% a week, more if its a heavily stocked tank or a tank with messy fish. If I only changed 40% a month, I would have tanks full of sick and/or dead fish.

Im actually in the process of doing my second 50% pwc this week.... 10-15% is hardly enough
I was giving a minimal estimation. It would highly depend on the size and the ammount you feed+Filtration. Nothing Accurate.

Back
Top Bottom