Entire tank wiped out after WC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its very strange really. Even if high chlorine or amonia levels but fish can't die like that next day. Its like something was in water that caused fish to die like this quick.

I agree with a comment mentioned earlier, could there have been some type of chemical or soap in the bucket? I've seen this lead to a mass killing of fish. I've also read that lead leachate from old pipes can reach high enough concentrations to kill fish... Hoping you don't have lead pipes... but still something to think about.

I'm so sorry. Recently lost most of a tank after a water change and still have no idea why. (Within minutes even). Most of the fish weren't fish I was particularly attached to, just one. But I was still quite upset. Still don't really know what happened. Kept the tank cycled and now have a group of frogs and otos in there. Good luck!

I am going with the contaminate water in the bucket. It was to quick for anything else.

Back
Top Bottom