Epicurean Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KaylNeko

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I was feeding the betta. Normally, he gets Hikari Betta Bites (and whatever he wants of the algae wafers and shrimp pellets for the shrimp, corys, and snails :rolleyes: ) but I'm a believer in changing up the food every so often--I give frozen once or twice a week. So I went ahead and crumbled up a flake of the tetra's food for him, to give him something different. He's figured out what dinner time means and swims up to where I feed regularly and usually dives right in. So I crumbled up the flake and dropped it in the water. He swims up, as usual, then just stops and stares. Then he turns and looks at the flakes on the other side of him. Then he looks back at the original bits of flake. Then he gives me "What the heck is this stuff?" look, looking as put out as a creature without eyebrows can look.

I finally took pity on him and dropped a couple Hikari bites for him, which he chomped down immediately. I figured if he didn't go for the flakes, the shrimp would, but he ate a couple after he finished the bites. It was just hilarious watching the swimming equivalent of the screech of brakes and the dumbfounded look. :ROFLMAO:

Just thought I'd share.

^_^

lol too funny... when i first gave my betta flakes he didnt know what to do... he wanted his pellets now i give him flakes occasionally and pellets most of the time... if he gets the flakes i have to move it towards him so he will eat them....

Hehe. He's a blue and red crowntail--blue body, mostly red fins, with purple at the edges of the dorsal and pelvic. Pretty guy. He got officially named Minadel the Soldier Betta after his habit of patrolling his tank, his quick action to investigate any noise that happens around his territory, and his habit of screwing with his tankmates. The first two got him named Soldier Betta, the last got him named after my SO in his given name *rofl*

Hahaha. I just put one in my newly rescaped 10 community. He has a purple body with red fins and his fins are lined in white. All he does all day is chase his reflection. Kinda funny. I should name him Narcissus

That is so funny, my crowntail did something similar the other day... Gave him two flakes (which he has eaten before so it wasn't new to him) and he swims up and looks at one flake, then the other, then back to the first one... Over and over, like he couldn't decide or has really bad short term memory problems! I finally had to yell "just pick one already!". I normally think bettas are quite smart but this one seems to be a bit different...

Back
Top Bottom