favourite fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually a 4 ft tank could be a nice home for a Black Ghost Knife since they top put at a foot, then a ton of SMALL tetras..(just feeed him good And none will dissappear... Mine snubs his nose at tetras..ugh! how common!) and a handful f cories. IF you keep a nice rigid frequent (2x/wk min) water change schedule you can make it LOOK busy too. Knifes do like really nice clean water to keep glossy black and shining white coloration. If the water goes beyond their preference they get dingy looking. Mine gets all yellowy when nitrAtes hit just above 10.
He is my water meter.
They will even eat from your hand if you train them..all those wicked teeth but a very delicate dainty touch(too cool)
You could have marble hatchets and a small striking pleco (like a galaxy or mango ) you could have a whole SA biotope thing going
tetras come in reeds, ,blues silvers and black adn white. there are tons of 1-2 inch types..and some small peaceful high bodies even.

Back
Top Bottom