Feeding a Queen Arabesque pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crazyred

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey y'all, I just got a Queen Arabesque pleco and she's very pretty. I'm curious what to feed her for sure. She hides in the back of my 55 by day by the plants, and she comes out at night and sucks on the glass. Since she's a Hypancistrus like my L-316 I figure she's a carnivore and tossed in some sinking carnivore wafers (Hikari) last night. What else would be ideal the feed my beautiful Queen? We've named her Squiggles because of the pattern of her body. Please advise.

Sweet. You can try feeding frozen or live food like blood worms or brine shrimp. I'd consider thost, vegetable matter, and the wafers to be just fine. My plecos love brine shrimp and Hikari Algae wafers. HTH

Oay, I have Tetra Min tablets, Spirulina tablets and Hikari algae wafers. I also have frozen blood worms, but I need to purchase some more brine shrimp....I'm out. I'll give all those a shot. My L-316 loves the spriulina tabs, the Tetra Min tabs, and the carnivore tabs. LOL I'm all set to feed a bottom feeder. Any other thoughts? What kind of fresh veggies could I try?

Never known any pleco to turn down a good cucumber. Orange slices, peas, and mine absolutely loves grapes.

Back
Top Bottom