Female Betta Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

honmol

Aquarium Advice Activist
Yesterday, as a combo b-day and x-mas present my family gave me a $250 petsmart giftcard. With it I want to start a female betta tank. What I'm not sure about is the size of this tank. The $250 needs to cover just about everything that goes into the tank along with the tank and most of the bettas that will go into it. I won't have any live plants in the tank (I can't keep them alive) and already have substrate for it and some decorations

What sized tank would be within that price range?

you could probably get a 29 gallon kit for that price... or buy a 29 and your filter and heater separate. You could get pool filter sand from home depot for about $3 for substrate if you want something natural that looks awesome... oh wait you said you already have substrate.

WHat is really going to be expensive is to find a stand for a tank that size, or do you already have a piece of furniture that will hold it?

Fishyfanatic, i swear we must be answering post at the same time.. except you hit post a second before me! LOL!!!

I spent about $300 on everything for my 55gal grantued i had a suitable stand, and that doesnt include my fish. I got a kit($170 ish) with hoods, lights, heater, fillter, a bunch of samples, and a thermometer. I spent the rest on plants substrate, and decorations.

the kit included the tank...i forgot to say that

I'd say buy it all seperately, not in a kit. You'll save money going that route since you don't need the stand. You could setup a 29 gal tank easily for $250 since you don't need the stand. Just make sure that the furnature that you're setting it on can handle the weight of a 29 gal tank. You're looking at about 319 lbs after everything is in it.

Also, keep in mind female bettas can be just as fiesty as males. You might be able to keep several females in a 29gallon tank...or you might end up with one fierce one that abuses or kills the others.

oooo, have fun! I absolutely looooooooved my female betta tank. I had a trio in a ten gallon and they were so much fun. Tons of personality, never had problems as a lot of people told me I would (though I'm not saying you won't have any!). Just make sure the furniture can hold the weight. :D

i would buy everything seperate, when i see thoise kits they include cheap equip't and stuff you dont need, i thinks its better to nuy just what you need, and get quality equiptment, i dont mean the most expensive piece of equiptment, but that cheap stuff is trash, also at a used office supply place you can find old desk that are brick and work great for stands and are dirt cheap for anyone looking

have fun with that $250 though, eh

at a local fish store here you can buy "all glass aqauarium" kits and they come with aquaclear filters and pretty good equipment in comparison to the walmart kits.

i buy all my kits from big als. they have all marineland equipment and they put a filter that can actually do its jobe. i just bought a 55 gallon kit from them with flourecent light hood a 250watt marineland heater and the new penguin 350 biowhell filter for only 199 canadian. thats a good deal in my books.

I would go with a 20L over a 29, since the only difference is the 29 adds a couple inches to the height. Bettas prefer shallow water and the 20L is lighter.

Back
Top Bottom