Female bettas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mom2reds

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have recently acquired 2 new female betas, from a person that was going to throw them out. I put both in my 100gal. tank , it is planted so gives them lots of hiding spots. I was just wondering if they will get along. I don't know much about betas other than the males will fight.

I have recently acquired 2 new female betas, from a person that was going to throw them out. I put both in my 100gal. tank , it is planted so gives them lots of hiding spots. I was just wondering if they will get along. I don't know much about betas other than the males will fight.

it depends on the personality of the betta. some people have had luck with 5+ in a 20 long i think they will be fine in a 100 g planted

it depends on the personality of the betta. some people have had luck with 5+ in a 20 long i think they will be fine in a 100 g planted

+1. It depends on there personality. But in general, females are a lot less aggressive than males. And 2 in a 100g planted should definitely be good.

They should do fine....I have three in my 20 gallon long that do just fine

Ok. So female betas are usually less aggressive then males? And they are ok with other community fish?

Ohh yeah they are normally kept in a sorority of four or more however they can be aggressive at times

it might have some problems with the gourami actually

I have a 29 gallon high and i want to do a school of tiger barbs or tetras. I want to add two elephant ear female bettas. Will they get along with each other.? What tankmates can i keep with the bettas. ? One more question, can you explain brackish water to me. ?

I have a 29 gallon high and i want to do a school of tiger barbs or tetras. I want to add two elephant ear female bettas. Will they get along with each other.? What tankmates can i keep with the bettas. ?

tiger barbs will get too large and aggressive to house with bettas in a 29. one of the easiest ways to see if a betta will attack the other is put one in the tank and one in a bag or clear container and float it in the tank and see their reactions. always have a backup plan for if they dont get along

Back
Top Bottom