FINAL stocking list for my 55 (Hopefully?).

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Everything I've heard about Biospira says that you're supposed to add the fish at once. Of course, it would still probably be safer to add them over the course of a few weeks. Then again, I have never used Biospira myself, so take it for what it's worth. :p

I believe I advised you about the parrot and smaller fish before, (might be someone else, though), and mentioned that it might not work out. Then again, it might. My parrots don't usually pay any attention to the barbs in their tank. You'll find that the parrot will be slow and clumsy compared to the tetras and danios, but if it ever catches them by surprise... munch. :twisted:

Yeah, I know about the tetras and the danios. I'll at least provide them with a lot of places to hide when they sleep and such. And yeah, about the bio-spira, I heard that if you don't add all the fish at once it essentially wastes some/all of the product. But yeah, I'll take my chances on it working out. After all, you can never really know until you try, right?

Honestly, I'd start out with just the tiger barbs, tetras and danios even though you are using the Biospira. I've heard some people say that it didn't work for them, and if it doesn't work they way you are expecting it will be much easier to manage a cycle with a smaller bioload. If you decide to add all the fish at the same time, make sure you have a liquid reagent test kit handy and keep a close eye on perameters. :)

I'll have a test kit ready. I can't really add them all seperately because of gas prices, the place where I'm getting most of the fish is like 2 hours away. >.>

Back
Top Bottom