Fire Eel Not Eating : /

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hpiguy said:
Ghost shrimp are about 50 cents each at my pet stores. Having one of those would be a very expensive fish to feed.

I get 15 for $1.50 at my lfs :)

BGK21 said:
Congrats on finding a food source. I've heard fire eels can take up to a couple of weeks before they start eating and become acclimated to their new home. I've had mine for two weeks now. tried feeding frozen brine shrimp, frozen blood worms, and live black worms. So far he has only nipped at some of the live worms but did finish them. I will try some ghost shrimp tomorrow.

Update if he eats them.

Ill post pictures tomorrow if he comes out.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120812_222037.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120812_222037.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 85
  • ForumRunner_20120812_222113.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120812_222113.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 109
  • ForumRunner_20120812_222208.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120812_222208.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 92
all my fish love them tire track eel lives off them i read you wanted to know what to feed them else were i feed them frozen combos of what i have in stock they take anything you give so feed them good so your eel gets nice and fat...i need to now where you get them that cheap i pay0.36 each not bad but when you buy 60 at a time it gets steep....(y)

glad he took them!

Don't give up on the other foods, as he gets used to the tank he may come around. I've had to retry several options with some of my fish before they took an interest.

tamtam said:
glad he took them!

Don't give up on the other foods, as he gets used to the tank he may come around. I've had to retry several options with some of my fish before they took an interest.

Ok ill try a worm tonight!

No ghost shrimp around here so I'll try that tomorrow and see if the love worms work tonight.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120813_203555.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120813_203555.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 99
haha, silly spell check. I'll try the live black worms tonight.

At my LFS, where at Petsmart they cost 33 cents... so far he is only eating the ghost shrimp. I'm surprised he isn't taking the worms or blood worms.

ForumRunner_20120813_214000.jpg

He is definitely looking thicker than when I got him so maybe he ate the earth worm I put in last night. I also noticed that when I first put him in my tank there where baby snails every and now I don't see many. Could he have eaten those too?

Just found the worm... he's eaten all 18 Ghost Shrimp except 1 is still alive and one died. (He wont eat anything dead) I fed the dead Ghost Shrimp and Worm to my Blood Parrot. I'm going to try blood worms again tonight.

Oh mine doesn't ever burrow. I don't know why I thought he would so I put sand in the tank. He only likes GS

Just found the last Ghost Shrimp he killed it but didn't eat it. Wtf?? Why did he do that?

Back
Top Bottom