Found 13 rcs babies in my eheim filter! :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philipraposo198

Aquarium Advice Addict
did a quick clean of my filter today because since i got my corys they have kicked up everything off the substrate and thought it would be required to clean it out. sure enough it was pretty dirty again only after a week.

Looking carefully I notice little swimming things, it was a bunch of rcs just under the course filter pad on the top level. I managed to get them out and into the tank in their own breeder net thing. put a much of random moss i had growing in a tupperware.

they are around 1/4 inch in size, but i did find 1 really tiny one. he/she is approx 1-2mm in size.

Question: could this be from another batch of eggs?

Situation: I had bought 25 rcs, after the first day my young ram pair had ate most of them. Fast forward to today (approx 2 months since starting the tank) I believe I only have 2 that have grown to about 1 inch and I guess are both females and looked like they had been holding eggs for a while. I rarely saw these shrimp and with all the fish I have in my 75g I never thought they would last long.

I wonder if I have more babies hiding in the tank

Not sure what I am going to do with them, but for now just going to let them grow and once large enough I might try adding them to the tank. Since the tank has way more plants and cover now I am thinking they could probably survive like the others in there.

thoughts?

THE FISH
- 25 Cardinal Tetras
- 8 Peppered Corydoras
- 4 Pearl Gouramis
- 1 Golden Ram
- 1 Bristle Nose Pleco

I put my berried shrimp in a breeder net in tank with some java moss. Then let babies grow a bit before I release Gives a better chance of survival

Mine are in a breeder net now, what should I feed if anything?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom