FW to BW for GSP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TLockhart89

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am sure this is a topic already discussed previously but I have yet to learn how to search threads.

I recently bought a GSP (green spotted puffer) who is only about an inch long. I did my research and found that he will need to be in Brackish Water for a longer healthier life. He is currently in a a 15gal tank by himself, aside from 4 ghost shrimp I put in for snacks. WHEN and How do I begin the process of switching him to BW? Some guy on YouTube said after he is about 4yrs old but that sounded a bit much. lol I bought Instant Ocean and a hydrometer already but how should I go about easing him into BW? I in no way want to harm him.

Also, what are some ideal decorations/plants are good for them? I only currently have artifical plants and cave rocks for him. I only have live plants in my other tank since I've had it a bit longer. I had visiting my local aquarium store and was going to buy some driftwood to put in the tank for him because after googling brackish water tanks...that is basically all you see but the guy told me I couldn't put it in that tank with him. :confused: (This isn't the guy I normally speak to in the store)

Back
Top Bottom