Gator the Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codefox

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Took me a few days...I was having a heck of a time getting a picture. Cell phone camera just wouldn't take one that wasn't a blur and I kept forgetting my camera at home.

So here's Gator! :)

Attachments

• gatorthebetta_206.jpg
    gatorthebetta_206.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 44
Just at a local Petsmart. I must have lined up like 10 different cups to find one that I thought had good colors and was healthy looking. :)

I'd say you did a heck of a job.

I've never been in a Petsmart, but from the looks of Gator they have much healthier stock than Petco.

Some were in good condition...some weren't.

I did notice the water in their cups had a very distinct blue tint. They must put something in the water because i'd say by and large, the fish were in good shape. I could have walked out with 10 nice fish...just wanted one and this one had the colors I was looking for. (Though I really wanted some more :) )

Yeah, i find that with petsmart, the bettas at the front are very healthy, and as you look towards the back of their selection, you see some that are unhealthy, and if you look at the back of the shelf, alot of them are dead. Seems that you found a beautiful healthy one, i love it!

betta

Gorgeous fish!!!! We have always been partial to those colors. :D Looks a lot like our Bruce. Also a Petsmart purchase. Maybe they are related??? It's funny, one of our Petsmarts has pretty good fish, the other so so.

Here is a pic of the little guy. Will try to get one of him flaring soon.

Attachments

• bruce_131.jpg
    bruce_131.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 13
I think Petsmarts are highly variable and it really depends on the manager. I've never ever seen a dead Betta at my Petsmart. They change the water in the cups on a regular basis and constantly rotate the stock so nobody stays in the back of the shelf too long.

Gator is beautiful. He looks alot like Mr. Piggy - don't you love the greens in the blues and reds of the fins ?

Bruce is a neat looking guy also - I've always found it amazing when the fins start one color and change to another. America (who's white) has blue fins that turn to red on the last inch (hence the very creative name of America ! LOL)

Both of these guys are just gorgeous! Yeah.. most of my guys are from Petsmart. One day I walked in for one, and walked out with 5. Didn't help that my son would say yes and kiss the container of all the ones he liked. Well, obviously I liked them too.

ROFL ok I thought I was bad when I went in for two and came back with 3. And the image of your son kissing the little betta containers - don't you wish you had a camera just then ?

Wow, he has beautiful coloration!

I agree that some of the healthier bettas I've had have come from Petsmart. I especially like the system that the newer Petsmarts have put in place where they have smaller betta tanks above the larger tanks and the water filters in those along with the rest of the tank water. It's not any bigger than the cups, but the water stays clean. I got Skittles and Sam out of this kind of setup and they are the largest and healthiest bettas I've ever had.

Bruce is really pretty :)

I'm thinking of getting another Betta for my bedroom...might get a slightly larger tank for it. Maybe a 5g.

betta

Great idea Codefox!!!!! Abigger tank is so neat for the little guys. Much more room to swim, in that funny way they do. And more things to explore, get stuck in, etc. lol But one small thing to watch for. MBS The apparently cronic and contagious Multiple Betta Syndrom!!!!!!! Joannde, you are up to what now, 5, 6, a dozen????? :D

But isn't it such a fine maddness???

Re: betta

JeffreyL said:
Joannde, you are up to what now, 5, 6, a dozen????? :D quote]

Just 5 LOL. But then again, I started with 1 orchid and now have 40, so I can see the way the betta thing is going .... wow, I just had a splendid idea. A betta in EVERY room. A whole house theme .... hmmmmmmm

Nice looking betta's, I got 5 of mine s a life saving mission at wal-mart. But havn't bought any from pet-mart. I told my self i wouldn't buy any more store bought. Then I went to a LFS here nd found this guy hiding in the back. The ladie who ownes the store told me she hadn't ever seen one like him. I knew right away what he was. So I traded her some of my betta stock for him. I tryed her 5 crown tails for this one double tail delta his name is penny after the copper look in his fins.
edc6bda7.jpg

I will post pictures of my new guy nd gal that will be here today. Later there a half moon palkat mustuard green pr. Also you have to whatch that MBS i now have 25 males, 40 females, and 400+ fry. LOL It'll get you most of mine are crown tails.

Wow, what a find Weasel. I would have grabbed him too.

I think the take home message of this thread is if you know what to look for, you can find some absolutely stunning fish among the riff-raff :)

Thanks, I was just looking at codefoxs and noticed he has a mask. I don't know why I didn't see that earlyer. I love masked bettas. They have a look of there own. I'm still seting here waitting on UPS for my new ones. Like a little kid waitting on Christmas morning to get here. LOL

Back
Top Bottom