Gental Giants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am going to do a site for all my fish it be up and ready in a week i will put some pics of my fish on here, i will put them up in a sec

here u go pics of my giants :)

Attachments

• DSC00616.jpg
    DSC00616.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC00549.jpg
    DSC00549.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC00601.jpg
    DSC00601.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC00617.jpg
    DSC00617.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 60
I could be wrong because I don't know much about gourami's but I do not think those are giant gourami.. they look to be about 6" at most? A giant gourami would be absolutely HUGE after 6 years..

they r giant gouramis they r six years old, and they r 2 ' now, they r lovely and i love my discus and my kissing gouramis, what fish u got?like my helicopter?thats where my big plec lives in :)

they r giant gouramis they r six years old, and they r 2 ' now, they r lovely and i love my discus and my kissing gouramis, what fish u got?like my helicopter?thats where my big plec lives in :)

There is no way you have two 2 foot GG's in a 100g corner tank. Lets see updated pics, I'll gladly eat my words once I see it.

heres pictures of my 4 tanks, only just started off with my marine :) i love myi love all my giant fish :)

Attachments

• DSC01243.jpg
    DSC01243.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC01096.jpg
    DSC01096.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC01082.jpg
    DSC01082.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC00601.jpg
    DSC00601.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 58
hehe i would love to see that i will update the pics later of them :) they r being dificult i gtg to work :)

i have kept dragon gobys in freshwater. they do just fine, just like some puffers and some crabs that are brackish.

Just because they are just fine now means nothing. There is long term bad effects that can happen to a fishes health if it is kept in freshwater ans suppost to be in brackish. Also i will wait for the updated pics of your tanks factorboa. All i can say is that tank with the bala sharks looks like it is to small for them.

Either way, so there is no other GENTAL GIANTS you can think of guys.

Black Ghost Knife. They grow to 25" and mine was the most peaceful fish in my tank even though it was at least 3" bigger than everything else.

Also i will wait for the updated pics of your tanks factorboa. All i can say is that tank with the bala sharks looks like it is to small for them.

They are called silver sharks, there r lots of gental giants,

they arent to small i owned fish all my life and have had no problems and never will topical fish i am a expert maruine people can put me in a my place :) The SILVER sharks i qoute is fine in that tank, they grow to the size of your tank what u have them in

Dragon gobys in FW is so not a good thing. They are wild caught in the mangrove areas in Florida. Eventually being kept in FW will result in loss of slime coat, loss in appetite, death. Just to name a few issues. Just because they can be acclimated to FW doesn't mean it's good for them. Same with knight gobys, bumble bee gobys, scats, monos, some puffers etc. Even mollies. Back when I lived in FL you could see them swimming wild in the brackish waters.

http://aqualandpetsplus.com/Oddball,%20Dragon%20Goby.htm
Brackish Water Fishes IV with pictures

As aquarium keepers we should really be more aware of the natural areas they come from instead of "assuming" they are will all do well in FW. We should also keep in mind that stunting a fishes growth isn't good either. They might live for awhile but that doesn't mean we are giving them the quality of life they should have. Try researching first, buying fish last.

Now, on to those pictures.

I see pink kissing gouramis which are not the giant gouramies.
Giant gouramis are Osphronemus gouramy:
the true GIANT gourami (Osphronemus goramy) the largest gourami of them all

Kissing gouramis are Helestoma temmencki:
How to care for your pink kissing gouramis Helestoma temmencki with pictures

Two different fish.

I'm siding with Mudfrog and Etunes, some folks need to get their research done. If someone really wants to get rude about it, I can supply many, many, many more links from all the research I did about Dragon gobys.

Dragon gobys in FW is so not a good thing. They are wild caught in the mangrove areas in Florida. Eventually being kept in FW will result in loss of slime coat, loss in appetite, death. Just to name a few issues. Just because they can be acclimated to FW doesn't mean it's good for them. Same with knight gobys, bumble bee gobys, scats, monos, some puffers etc. Even mollies. Back when I lived in FL you could see them swimming wild in the brackish waters.

Caring for your new dragon goby, Gobioides brousonetti, with pictures

As aquarium keepers we should really be more aware of the natural areas they come from instead of "assuming" they are will all do well in FW. We should also keep in mind that stunting a fishes growth isn't good either. They might live for awhile but that doesn't mean we are giving them the quality of life they should have. Try researching first, buying fish last.

Two different fish.

I'm siding with Mudfrog and Etunes, some folks need to get their research done. If someone really wants to get rude about it, I can supply many, many, many more links from all the research I did about Dragon gobys.

Yep. I'm still waiting on the pics though cause he claimed they were 2 feet.

"they r giant gouramis they r six years old, and they r 2 ' now, they r lovely and i love my discus and my kissing gouramis, what fish u got?like my helicopter?thats where my big plec lives in :)"

Also i will wait for the updated pics of your tanks factorboa. All i can say is that tank with the bala sharks looks like it is to small for them.

They are called silver sharks, there r lots of gental giants,

They are also called bala sharks. Look it up before denying it.

bala sharks - Google Images

Caring for your new dragon goby, Gobioides brousonetti, with pictures

Two different fish.

+1 all the way, we need to make sure we know were fish come from and try to mimic there enviroment. And those gouromis would be 2' by now and i am sorry but those are not 2 feet, i have the same corner tank (92g tank) and there is no way those are 2 feet.

Also thank you for the quick fact i did not know. I had no clue dragon gobies lived in Florida. Now i am going to have to go snorkal in the mangroves.

they arent to small i owned fish all my life and have had no problems and never will topical fish i am a expert maruine people can put me in a my place :) The SILVER sharks i qoute is fine in that tank, they grow to the size of your tank what u have them in

You know how many people say this, this is NOT true what so ever. hey will just die a premature death from stunt growth. Also balas need the room for many reasons, #1 they grow large, #2 they are VERY active.

Sorry to burst your bubble,The 1s u c r kissing gouramis and also giant goramis and that site u got r also on there, y should put latest pics up when all u do is just critiseing, yes not all fish grow to the size of your tanks but most do sorry i should qoute it better next time.Oscars r good :)

Back
Top Bottom