Getting a new tank!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Riot84

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I'm going to be getting a new 37 gal tank soon. I've decided to veer away from my normal natural look(never had a tank that had any non natural looking decor) and go for a pirate theme. I'm trying to think of fish that fit the theme, or the tank, well. Any and all ideas would be much appreciated. Thank you! :)

1+ on the tiger barbs. What are the dimensions? A African Butterfly fish would be sweet and piraty. Glass Catfish would match well too. I would say swordtails but that would be to obviously a pun huh?

I dont think their are any piranhas available that are small enough...

So my amazing girlfriend decided that the 37 just won't cut it seeing as how we have the 55 already set up so she is gonna help me get a 75 gallon instead. She really is the best. So now that we're gonna have a lot more room to work with any new ideas as far as stock goes?

African Butterfly Fish look very piraty. Red tailed sharks as well. I still agree with tiger barbs. Lots of options.

+1 on the red tail shark idea, but make sure you either get just one, or a group of 5+ to minimize bullying. I believe they would go well with the tiger barbs too. Swordtails could be a lot of fun to match the decorations if you go with the red wags.

If none of those tickle your fancy the piranha idea would definitely match the decor, but can get expensive to feed. Doing puffer fish might be a more manageable route while still giving that "exotic" look.

Ooh puffers! Great idea! That would definetly give the tank the wow factor. Like 30 pea puffers lol

you could only do 7 dwarf puffers. and if you want to do enough RTS to stop lethal aggression,look less towards 5 and more towards 40

Pirate idea has been scrapped for now. My gf saw a gorgeous peacock cichlid when we went to get the 75 so it will now be an african cichlid tank. still may pick up the 37 and get that pirate tank going later but for now its on the back burner. Thank you guys for all the suggestions though. I appreciated them.

Thanks! I'll post pics as soon as i get it up and running! :)

Yeah the bricks are free standing. And thanks. I think it turned out pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom