Gluing an aquarium decoration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

johncake

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I got this cool statue of liberty that has a broken arm. Would like to glue it back, not sure about what to use. Would prefer to be able to use something around the house like super glue or epoxy (rather than having to buy a big tube of aquarium specific stuff). By the way I'm talking about using a drop about the size of a pin head.

Thanks in advance.

Is the statue designed for an aquarium? If not, the paint alone could be a problem in the tank (bad chemicals and what not)

I've read of both epoxies and cyanoacrylate-based adhesives (crazy glue) being used in aquariums. So I can't see any problem except for the solvents present in most glues. I would let the thing dry in a well-ventilated area for a few days to be sure that the solvents have dissapated.

Or you could leave the arm broken and laying at the base, and create a post - apocalyptic theme with a bunch of American tanks at the base defending it from further attack.

8O

Or you could bury Lady Liberty to her chin and create a Planet of the Fish theme. :lol:

“You maniacs!  You blew it up!  Damn you!  God damn you all to hell!”
-Taylor-

Hmmmm. It would seem that the language filter had its way with one of the most memorable lines in motion picture history. LOL

"Take your stinking paws off me, you *darn* dirty ape!"

Nice suggestions. Unfortunately I'm not creative enough to pull off some of the more colorful suggestions. You have inspired me though to think outside of the box.

QTOFFER, I love that movie. Totally LMAO. What a hilarious idea for a tank decoration! The fish won't appreciate it, but any human would die laughing :lol:

You know, I'm actually thinking of getting a 5 gal setup for my desk and putting a betta in it. Then I'd decorate it with all kinds of crazy/funny/weird themes - maybe change it completely once a week. The betta would probably think I was insane. I've seen so many cool ideas on this site, but I don't want to go messing around with my 58 gal.

Uh-oh...is this the beginning of MTS?

I love it! Lady liberty buried in sand!

I do agree that you could go with superglue if you let the solvents evaporate for a day or two first.

Back
Top Bottom