Goldfish Alternative?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes there is! Make sure the air line puts in the air at the top of the bowl, the pressure of the air coming in will force the 'old' air out of the bottom of the bowl and it'll bubble up to the top of the tank.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Or, you could even drill a small hole in the top and to release some of the air. It'd probably be hard to get it just right tho, so you'd probably still have air coming out the bottom.

I kinda wanna try this tho. My gf says not to. I argued that it wouldn't be too expensive, but she says that my "not too expensive" ideas times 1,000 gets expensive. She doesn't know what she's talking about tho! :lol:

I was thinking the exact same thing. Or, you could even drill a small hole in the top and to release some of the air. It'd probably be hard to get it just right tho, so you'd probably still have air coming out the bottom.

I kinda wanna try this tho. My gf says not to. I argued that it wouldn't be too expensive, but she says that my "not too expensive" ideas times 1,000 gets expensive. She doesn't know what she's talking about tho! :lol:

Goldfish bowl = $6
Fiddler = $4-6

If you have a pump/airline already you're set. Just make sure you have something for your crab to get to the air bubble for.

Don't tell her I'm the one encouraging you. :p

Does the fiddler have trouble walking on the glass? I know the SW people will use a glass to trap crabs because they can't walk up the glass.

Does the fiddler have trouble walking on the glass? I know the SW people will use a glass to trap crabs because they can't walk up the glass.

Yeah. She tries but never gets anywhere. Last night as I was watching as she climbed a plant to its tips and tried to go up the glass from there. Luckily I read up on these and made sure there's a good amt of glass with nothing near the top so she didn'y get any further.

Definitely keep anything away from filter tubes, air lines, etc. I've read of them climbing airlines and escaping. I don't have a big enough opening in my hood for her where my airline is. Just big enough for the line iteself.

I love her. Probably my favorite right now. So cool to watch. When she goes, God rest her gentle soul lol, I'll get another or a blue lobster.

Back
Top Bottom