Got a brand new well, need advice on iron and iron bacteria in water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kidberly

Aquarium Advice Newbie
We have three tanks: a 29g with 7 Glo danios, 3 Glo tetras, 2 ghost shrimp and a snail, a 30g with 3 goldfish, and a 50g with a young western painted turtle (5 in.) a Pleco, a goldfish and 2 minnows that the turtle allows to live. All but the Glo fish tank are well established, we test water and do frequent water changes, all has been solid. Recently we had to dig a new well, having found out we were illegally on our neighbor's well, long expensive story....anyway. Our new water is reddish upon standing, and in the toilets, we are seeing red scum, I understand it's iron bacteria? We had saved water for changes, and can haul water from nearby family, but the convenience of tap to tank really has made our water changes happen on a regular basis, so I'd like to get back there a.s.a.p. Anyone got advice on treatments, affordable filter methods, anything? We just had to spend 10grand on the well and are of limited means and space, so not a lot of "throw cash at it"options available. Appreciate any suggestions or thoughts.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I'd contact the folks at http://thefilterguys.biz to get a setup suitable for your needs.

If you end up using an ro/di unit you'll need to add something to reconstitute the water, which generally is inexpensive.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom