Guppy died!!!!!!!! Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishmasters44

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got some guppyd a few days ago and one was pregnant. She was really big and was with 3 females and 2 males. On the third night she started rolling on her back she died the next mornin ): what happened? What can I do? Please help!

Did you cycle your tank like nitrogen cycle

What were your water parameters and what filtration are you running and everything. Did you change anything during that time?

The water was 76-78 degrees ,the water was right ph and it was clear. The filter was a 15 on a 10 gallon. Do u think it could of been stress related?

Did you actually test your water or are you one of those people who look at the water and say the ph is fine? It can look fine but be horribly wrong. Get a test kit so people have actual info needed to help you. Stating the ph good and the water is clear does not help anyone help you.

Your lfs, wherever you got the fish you can pick up a test kit. Should be less than 5 bucks. Your fish will thank you.

Also what are the chances that the guppy wasn't prego? Maybe it had a disease causing it to look prego.

Fishmasters44 said:
Ok where do I get those at

I would recommend the api freshwater liquid master test kit due to the fact test strips are inaccurate most of the time most of us on here use and trust the api kit

Thanks for the help! And it looked pretty big, what are the sickness that could of made them look like that

Fishmasters44 said:
Thanks for the help! And it looked pretty big, what are the sickness that could of made them look like that

A pic would help alot possibly bloat i havent delt to much with guppies so i dont know somebody else could chime in on that account

Here it is Srry for quality. it's from my video on YouTube. It's fishmasters44

Attachments

• image-3488178453.jpg
    image-3488178453.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 86
Fishmasters44 said:
Well it's dead now but none others are having that problem

It happens sometimes just got a sick fish from the lfs mixing up their foods helps with their diet i do veggies once a week frozen blood worms 2 times a week as a treat then flakes for main diet

Get the liquid kits test strips are totally inaccurate! Do not get them and. If anyone has then throw them out and go buy the liquid ones! They are more then 5 dollars by the way you should get a mini master kit at the least! It should have ph, ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate.

Back
Top Bottom