Haahaa best christmas present in a while

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ClownLoach

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Joyeux noel!
This christmas I got two great presants:
1.) a complete 55 gall fish tank
2.)a white christmas
Haven't had a white un in years.. anyway, my question:
I have no clue what to put in the 55 gal... I want it to be fresh and WAIT.. before you say it.. I don't want African Cichlids. I'd like peaceful happy fish, preferably small and colorful, and a ph of about 6.9..
I know I am picky, but hey, isn't everyone?
Seeya
Holly

I have a friend who has a 29 filled with Cardinal and they are beautiful. She also has live plants and it's nice to watch them swim in and out of the plants. They're colorful and peaceful. Good Luck with whatever you decide to do.

I rekon you should get some gouramis, maybe a pearl gourami? They are attractive, peaceful and require acidic ph :wink:
MERRY CHRISTMAS for a few days ago 8O
How about a few pairs of blue rams or bolivian rams or a mix. Peaceful, extremely colourful and like around a nuetral ph.
Gouramis and rams should cohabit.
I'm getting a pair of bolivian rams :D :twisted:
¤Justin¤

Because I know more about fresh than salt. I have a 25 gal salt that I put, unknowingly a CB shrimp in it...
BAD IDEA
It has eaten 2 clowns, a blenny, and a firefish to date....
I want it heavily planted yes (I loooove plants)
I have about $150 to spend on it, so I plan on getting a full spectrum light, a ugf w/ powerheads, and 2 good heaters. (100 watts each)
I was considering small cichlids yes, acaras and rams... I am however, sorely tempted by this absolutly beautiful snowflake moray eel in the lfs... After research, I decided against it though.
Mostly tetras and cyprinids, some cories, probably a school of ottos...I like cherry barbs..
MAYBE an tiny angel. (they have em, they are like .5 inches)
A trio of botia sidthimunki (also known as the chain, dwarf and spotted loach, you can see why the sci name is better!)
Any way... I was considering kribs too...
Soooo many choices!
Au revoir!
Holly

Hey Holly -

I'm debating tetras too for my 55 gallon FW. Right now it's cycling with a school of zebra danios and a male betta. The cycle should be done in about 4 days... waiting for my nitrites to come down a little more.

I was going to go with a school of rummynose tetras, but I might refrain from that now. I really want a red tail shark down the road, and he'd eat them :(

Now I'm thinking about some guppies, maybe more danios? of a different type, then a pleco or two... and my shark... it's hard to decide what to put in a big tank!

Good luck, we're looking forward to pictures!

Back
Top Bottom