Have you ever lost a fish ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joeybsmooth

Aquarium Advice Freak
I don't mean like having one pass away on you, but I mean just not be able to find one in the tank . I have a Senegal Bichir, and I saw him today.. and it was like the first time I have seen him in weeks. And I was just like dang he has gotten so big since the last time I saw him. I use to have upside down catfish and I never ever saw them .

I bought 4 ottos to put in my goldfish tank to try and help with the algae. One by one they started disappearing. Now there's none left. Don't know if it's the goldies or the upside down black catfish making them disappear...

The ottos could both fit in the mouth of the Goldie's and catfish. I guess it's my fault for buying such small fish

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I had an African dwarf frog that disappeared. Nowhere in the tank, not in the filter, not anywhere on the floor around the tank. Moved out of that apartment and never did find it!

I once lost an albino Cory in my 10g tank so I was all sad and stuff
Then the next week I took out some shells to clean them guess what cane out of a shell one dead Cory cat.

I used to have catfish disappear all the time. So I'd buy more. First clean of the ugf (didn't know about tank cycling then), I found a whole herd of them living in there under the gravel.

Lost a rainbow fish months ago.
Found him dried up under another piece of furniture when I cleaned carpet last week.

Are Goldfishes known for jumping out of the tank? Found one of my goldfishes underneath my couch after I found it missing :O

:) scared the dickens out of me. It was all dirty water so it was like little eels suddenly came alive.

lol that would have freaked me out. I nearly fell over once when I prodded what I thought was a dead RC shrimp. I did this ninja flip and I stumbled back and fell in to the dining room table.

Not a fish but I carefully potted two new plants on the weekend. Potting mix in with plant, soak in bucket, gravel on top and re soak in bucket. Pack down. Into fish tank. The pots had a good centimetre of gravel on the potting mix.

Several days and the gravel looks gone! A bit of subsidence but no gravel. Also very little gravel around the pots. It's a different colour so I can tell.

I suspect the yo yo loaches but that is just habit. Wondered again how much work there would be in setting up a camera on the fish tank to see what really goes on at night.

I've lost nano sized fish in my 30g tank, figured either they decomposed in mass of plants or Pleco ate them! What really freaks me out is when I lose a average sized fish, it's like where could it have possibly gone ?

For me it was my honeycomb catfish. It had picked a daytime sleeping spot that was easy for me to find for the first year, then it decided to pick a new hole. Looked everywhere in the 75 gallon tank and couldn't find it, so I assumed it died. Six months later I was doing a tank re-scape and pulled all the plants and decor up, only to have it wake up and go zooming around the tank. I moved it to one of my smaller, quieter, darker tanks and now I see it a little more often, but I keep going through periods of thinking it died and disappeared :p

Lost a jack Dempsey for about three months. Tore tank apart looking for him. One day he was just back. No clue where he was.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Had a black Molly jump from tank. Found him under bed covered in dust. Went to flush him and he started swimming in toilet. Had to get him out and he was fine.

Both event were within first yr of keeping fish. Both fish lived long lives after their misadventures. The Jack is still alive.

I've had a new green neon go missing for a few days.. I figured it died and the pleco got it.. wc day and it was swimming around the bottom of ac 30.. it lived another few weeks after that but eventually died.. I've found amano shrimp in the filter too, they can probably crawl right in though.. only one way for the neon.. right through the impellar, youch!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My tank is heavily planted and must have in excess of 20 assassin snails so I never find a dead fish. They get cleaned up before I notice they are missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice assuming the app didn't crash.

Back
Top Bottom