Hey everyone! 40 gal aquarium...needs stocking!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well thanks everyone for your replies!

I really do not know about plants yet. Today I think I'm going to buy a nice-sized piece of drift-wood from the pet store to add to the tank...and the tetras I plan to buy and that will be it for this week.

The plants are great, but my plants could never look like that one above! I really do not want to replace my gravel :-( . The gravel I got was kinda expensive and was really hard to find. I have, from the same company, a pretty small (normal gravel) gravel that is the same color.

As far as lighting goes, I'm a HS student and I really do not have much cash at all. So I highly doubt I can even afford the DIY lighting lol.

So maybe the fake plant way is how I should go. I'm going to need a lot of algea control but who knows. The tank, as of now, gets light from North, South, and East directions...so I mean...it is one HECK of a lot of light. The windows in the room are about 10-20 feet tall. It was probably a bad choice to place the tank in this room, but I thought that I was going to do real plants, and what could this natural light hurt?

Anyhow, I'm off to the petstore here in a few minutes. I plan to buy aroung 6-8 Tetras and removing the feeder guppies that are in there and letting the tetras get established.

I may buy some fake plants, it just depends.

Anyhow, thank you for all of the advice!

Oh...I'm so disapointed!

I went to the 3 pet stores that we have in town. I was just after 8 tetras. Well all of the Seprae Tetras were sick. The first store, they had ich. The second store they had no fins at all. The second store also wanted $10.99 for 3 of them!

Now, I'm pretty delayed.

Here are my plans :

1 Large piece of drift wood.
Fake plants

2 Angel Fish
10 Seprae Tetras
3-4 Corys

That is about it...That may even be pushing the amount of fish I should have!

Here is my plan about going about this.

Currently I have the 6 feeder guppies in the tank. I plan to move them back to a 10 gal.

This week I plan to drive an hour to very good fish store and pick up 8 of the tetras. I will then add them to the tank

Then, the following week I plan to get the last 2 Tetras and the 3 corys.

Then maybe wait a week or two and add the two Angels.

The last tetras and the 3 corys may be pushing how fast I can do this, but...It is going to be really hard to do this, as the pet store is an hour away as it is!

Tell me what you think!

Back
Top Bottom