Diversifying Community ✌️

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cdnrs

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone!

I'm looking to diversify our 40 gallon tall and was wondering if you had any suggestions before we proceed.

The tank is heavily planted with Java Fern, Anubis, Crypt, two variations of swords and Wisteria.

The current stocking consists of two small BN plecos, a few mollies, some busy platys (might be looking at selling or dropping off babies at our LFS soon) and our most recent addition- a young male Angelfish.

So far so good, everyone has seemed to find their pecking order and are generally peaceful together. I wouldn't mind some more variety species wise however. Wondering if you have any suggestions or would you find it best to cap it here? I was considering a dwarf gourami, maybe Bolivian Rams, but I've heard there's discrepancies with temperatures/plecos feasting on eggs.

If any combos would be on the iffy side, I do have a 15g that needs stocking should anything go left.

Let me know what you guys think!
Thanks for taking the time. ☺️

Honestly I don’t know if I would add any more fish to the tank. If the tank is as heavily planted as you say, and with the addition of the angel fish, I just don’t see there being enough ‘real estate’ left in the tank once the fish mature, especially the angelfish which is actually a pretty large fish (6”+)

Of course it never seems like there’s enough variety in the tank, if your set on adding another type of fish I would personally go with a danio or another small variety that isn’t going to be hindered too much by a crowded tank or heavy planting.

Back
Top Bottom