Hiding corys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nataliedd

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can people tell me what the normal behaviour for their corys are, I didn't think bronze corys were shy fish but I hardly ever see them! They hide all the time, I have 2 of them, some tetras, guppies and mollies. Is this normal? Ta nat

Sent from my SM-G800F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yep, they feel comfortable in groups, add 5 more and they'll party like it's 1999

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok il get a few more and hope they'll feel more comfortable and stop hiding! If I get some more do they have to be bronze corys or would another type be ok such as albino?

Ok il get a few more and hope they'll feel more comfortable and stop hiding! If I get some more do they have to be bronze corys or would another type be ok such as albino?

Well since I'm here.. how big is the tank?

340litres

Ohhhh.. get like 40 more corys
Kidding .but you can def. Get at least 10 more.assuming your current sticking levels are within reason, I have mixed shoals, they'll spend most of the time together, separate sometimes though. They're all similar in appearance though.

Doing fish in cycling so was just getting a few every week cos didn't wanna overload it but some more corys are next on my list, so I don't need to necessarily get bronze ones then? Also seeing as your here! Advise me about fruit/veg feeding cos never done it. Cheers!

Correct about the Cory's with vegetable feeding I have never personally done it but I would give them a small peace of cucumber and see if they eat it. If not take it out after so long and if they do just add some when you give them loach pellets. But again I have never done this so I'd get a second opinion o this before you try it

Ta for advice

The shrimp was acclimated by floating the bag and bringing up the temp, then a slow water drip/exchange into the bag, over 3/4 hour. My SG is 1.023. Sorry but I don't have a digital camera yet. The only way I can think of is scanning a developed pic & that may take a few days to post.

They don't bother with veggies like plecos and ottos

Late to the conversation but I've had similar fish that hide or play depending both on how any friends they have, and on how heavily the tank is decorated. The fewer big open spaces, the more the shy guys stay out front.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Great ta

I boiled some spinach then squeezed it for all the excess moisture to go away then finely chopped it and made it into very small balls and put it into the freezer. Once in a while I give one of these balls to the corys (albino, bronze, false julii). They love it.
Haven't tried any fruit yet.

My cories enjoy finely chopped carrots, kiwi fruit, banana, and pumpkin.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Albino Corys are generally bronze Corys. Either that or they are peppered Corys.

Corys primarily eat inverts, insects and worms and things they find on the bottom, not vegetables. The fact that they have barbells gives that away - barbells and whiskers are for hunting. Feeding a high quality staple food will provide ample vegetable matter for them.

Having kept multiple schools I Corys in a large tank, they did not school together at all. Each did their own thing. They did SEEM to school when I had kept them in smaller tanks, but I have since seen that that had more to do with a lack of space than an affinity for each other.

Back
Top Bottom