How lonzag can a black moor go out of water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfish loach boy

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, I left my house to go water the plants, and I told my mom to take care of the fish, i came back 5 minutes later, and my black moor was dead out of the water, Cana goldfish die 5 minutes out of water, if so how long does it take, I'm just curious because my mom said she was checking in every 2 minutes
Thanks

I doubt five minuets could kill it. But mine have never done that so I wouldn't know but most fish do take longer to do that an you may be able to revive the fish.

I doubt five minuets could kill it. But mine have never done that so I wouldn't know but most fish do take longer to do that an you may be able to revive the fish.

Really, it was about 51/2 minutes, he was dead, and how do you revive a fish?

Thats very unfortunate

The black moor has been my favorite goldfish since i first saw one at age seven

Ok well if you haven't already put him in the water ( a smaller tank would make this easier) ok and it may not work first trick I don't really recommend is you can slowly push the fish forward an backward forcing water through its gills but be carful if you do this to hard it will damage the gills. Second you'll need some type or air line tubing and a air pump put the tube in the fishes mouth is it will fit or behind the gills for one minute then give a two o three minute break you can shorten the breaks if he starts to wake up. This can take up to about 3 hours or longer. But it may not be. And it could also not work. But if you would like to try go ahead.

Ok well if you haven't already put him in the water ( a smaller tank would make this easier) ok and it may not work first trick I don't really recommend is you can slowly push the fish forward an backward forcing water through its gills but be carful if you do this to hard it will damage the gills. Second you'll need some type or air line tubing and a air pump put the tube in the fishes mouth is it will fit or behind the gills for one minute then give a two o three minute break you can shorten the breaks if he starts to wake up. This can take up to about 3 hours or longer. But it may not be. And it could also not work. But if you would like to try go ahead.

Yea, as soon as I saw him. I put him in the water, but nothing happened, is 5 minutes really enough to kill him? Or how long do they last

Well in not sure an more than likely he isn't "dead" he's brain dead and can't really breath or move but will die in a few to several hours or so if the brain cannot get any oxygen. I've been able to revive fish that I got that died from lack of oxygen 8 hours before. Not all lived. But some did and made a full recovery.

Well in not sure an more than likely he isn't "dead" he's brain dead and can't really breath or move but will die in a few to several hours or so if the brain cannot get any oxygen. I've been able to revive fish that I got that died from lack of oxygen 8 hours before. Not all lived. But some did and made a full recovery.

Wow, really so I can move the fish back and forth carefully and it might come back, thanks!
So five minutes is just enough for it to go into a "coma" is he suffering?

You can just be extra careful and he may be but he is most likely blacked out or in a coma and can't feel or remember anything much similar to people when we drown

You can just be extra careful and he may be but he is most likely blacked out or in a coma and can't feel or remember anything much similar to people when we drown

Ok. Thanks, I'll try to help him out, I'll see what I can do thanks:)

Back
Top Bottom