How much harder is it to keep GBR?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscarr19

Aquarium Advice Addict
Have a 35G and I plan on having 1 angel, 1 keyhole, 1 GBR, 1 dwarf gourami. I already have 3 otos, 8 penguin tetras and 6 leopard cories. I was going to get a Bolivian ram but like the look of GBR better. They are labeled as blue rams at my LFS. How much harder are they to keep? My ph is around 7.2.

GBRs are supposed to be super sensitive, but if you acclamate them well and keep them in for a while they get used to it and IME have been some very hardy fish. They're just super sensitive to water quality (especially pH fluxes) so be careful about that.

Decisions decisions. Which would you recommend? I'll probably acclimate them for 2-3 hours.

Either or, depends on how much you want the fish. Personally I like GBRs better because they're one of my fish I keep and are really cool, but that's just me.

I like the color and my stocking list lacks it. All I have for brighter colors is a DG. Again it'll likely be a decision at the store. I'm liking GBRs better though.

You say you've had GBR. Have you had any problems? Or have things gone smoothly?

Oscarr19 said:
I like the color and my stocking list lacks it. All I have for brighter colors is a DG. Again it'll likely be a decision at the store. I'm liking GBRs better though.

You say you've had GBR. Have you had any problems? Or have things gone smoothly?

No problems whatsoever, just minor aggression issues between two males that will be taken care of when one is rehomed.

Ok great i only plan on getting one anyway. Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom