Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-20-2011, 12:45 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

How would you stock this?

So i stumbled upon a free 10 gal tank and i really don't know what to stock with. I'm going to do sand at the bottom with some live plants but don't have very high powered lights although i could get some. You tell me what you would stock fish wise and plant wise. Something that will work for this tiny tank.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:53 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jcolon Send a message via Skype™ to jcolon
Do you know the color temp of the light? If it's low, you'd need very low light plants like Anubias ... see the link below for plant ideas. If at all possible ... upgrade to at least a 6500K bulb.

PlantGeek.net - Plant Guide

Although your kind of limited by a 10 gal tank .. you could look to do a school of Neon Tetras / Neon Cardinals or Zebra Danios.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:59 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

i'd be willing to put like 60-75 bucks into a decent light if it meant cooler plants
Old 06-20-2011, 01:07 AM   #4

With a Higher Light intensity and wattage, you are possible going to have to have c02 (Many Diy ways to give it though). What kind lighting do you plan on getting?

As far as stocking, you have quite a few options like: Bettas, Neon tetra, Cardinal Tetra, Ember Tetra, Celestial Pearl Danios, Sparkling Gourami, Honey Gourami, Endlers, Guppies and Pygmy cories. There are many more, just too many to list
Old 06-20-2011, 01:08 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

You could do a nano tank! Pair of clown killies, small school of chili rasboras or other schooling fish some AE shrimp, snails. Or a pair of dwarf puffers!
Old 06-20-2011, 01:25 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

I wish i could find dwarf puffers around here!! a 10 gal is way to small for angels right?
Old 06-20-2011, 01:27 AM   #7

Yes, Angels are way to small for a 10 gallon. 30 gallons or more.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:31 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

thats what i figured....hmmmm. Any smaller semi-aggresives i could put in? i only say this cuz i have a 55 running with community and would like something a little different.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:54 AM   #9

Not really any Semi-aggressive fish that could fit in a ten gallon.

Tags
stock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com