i got a free ramshorn snail for free (baby)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
i went to petco in janesville since my sis had to go up there and didnt see anything i could fit or i liked. so i asked her if i could have some of those pest snails to feed my puffers. she said yes and i told her theres usually lots in the plant tanks. so she goes around looking for as many snails as she can find (since the tanks'll look cleaner) so i bring them home and dang some of those were really big. when i went home i fed one to my puffers and man those shells were hard!

and once i looked more closely i saw a ramshorn snail. im thinking of putting it with my brichardi's since i dont think ill have few if not any plants in there. its like |--| right now. im pretty sure its a ramshorn though.

lol. 2 late. i forgot to do a water change in their jar and it was filthy. ididnt want to put them in my tanks because they'd eat my plants. there was a gelly film on top of the jar. lol i lost it :'(. its all my fault. but i guess im more into the apple snails. imo their cuter. i have like 7 of em in my 29 gallon :)

I'm surprised they're alive 8O ... I had 3 in my 29 gallons and one died from not having enough algae to eat, despite dropping in algae waffers.

oh i bought one like 6 months ago. lol the one i bought 3 months ago is already 2ce the size of the other one. and they were the same size when i bought them. :)

Back
Top Bottom