Ideas for a fish to add to 58 gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimberly

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My dwarf gourami died after 3 weeks in the aquarium, so I really don't want to add another one. (I posted about this in the sick fish forum along with the water paramaters and the "general opinion" was that I probably got a bad gourami.) But my aquarium needs something else, so I am looking for ideas.

I have 4 fancy tail guppies, 8 orange von rio tetras and 3 clown loaches (yes, I know that they will outgrow my tank, but right now they are still small, maybe 3 inches). It is a planted tank. I don't know what I want, but something fairly easy, colorful, and would be "happy" in my current set up. I am looking for ideas before I go to the lfs later this week to see what is actually available.

Thanks.

I am thinking of boesemani rainbows, as they are very colorful and very active, though they do get some decent size on them and you would probably need to limit them to about 3, factoring in the growth of the clown loaches (albeit slow).

The DG was the perfect choice for this tank, tho, since they tend to stay in the upper levels and are certainly colorful and interesting fish. I'd suggest an angel but not such a great choice with the guppies. Any of the larger gouramis interest you as a single specimen for this tank?

Back
Top Bottom