Ideas for restocking my 55 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RocTheJoc

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am currently moving out to college and have a 55 gallon tank with 3 medium sized angle fish. I was going to do a roman theme. What are some good fish to add into the mix? I really like Cory catfish so I'll be throwing in some of them.
All help is appreciated!

I suggest looking at cherry barbs, gold barbs, rummy-nose tetras, pristella tetras, kuhli loaches, kerri blue tetras, black neon tetras, Bolivian rams, and lemon tetras. There are bunches more too, but those a few species I like a lot.
In addition to your angels, you would be ok with 1-2 schools of fish, cories, and a bristle-nose pleco or something similar. There are a lot of options. :)

I am currently moving out to college and have a 55 gallon tank with 3 medium sized angle fish. I was going to do a roman theme. What are some good fish to add into the mix? I really like Cory catfish so I'll be throwing in some of them.
All help is appreciated!
Whole bunch of things. It would take me all day to list all possibilities! I would go to your LFS (or look online), and come back to see what fish look cool. We will make sure they are compatible with Angel fish.

P.S. The cories are a great idea, I like the Peppered and Zygatus the best.

And what about those African frogs that breathe underwater?

African dwarf frogs? They eat live food or frozen brine shrimp or bloodworms. I actually feed mine with a turkey baster so that they don't compete with my community tank. They are friendly. The African clawed frogs I am unsure of.

African dwarf frogs? They eat live food or frozen brine shrimp or bloodworms. I actually feed mine with a turkey baster so that they don't compete with my community tank. They are friendly. The African clawed frogs I am unsure of.
Yeah, I heard that a lot of people have good luck with the ADFs. I just hope none of them would decide to sample anyone's fish!

Nah adfs won't prey on fish :) they would rather enjoy a nice bloodworms snack.

I have one right now and he hides most of the say unless I put bloodworms near him. The clawed frogs are the ones who I think will go after smaller fish. I'd have to read up on em

I have one right now and he hides most of the say unless I put bloodworms near him. The clawed frogs are the ones who I think will go after smaller fish. I'd have to read up on em
Does he ever go up to the surface to breathe, or do they have gill structures?

I always thought that frogs and fish have different needs, but apparently some can coexist peacefully. Oh, and has the OP decided on anything?

They go to the air once in awhile but mainly Tay under water. They call it burbiling.

dont get ADF's for a 55. its too high for them,they arent very good swimmers and would have trouble getting air

My 55 is as high as my 30 and they have no issues getting to the top of the tank. It is your choice though.

Back
Top Bottom