If this was your tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqualady40

Aquarium Advice Addict
If this was your tank, where would you place this piece of DW? Would you move the slate caves and place them differently? If so, how?
Ideas please

Attachments

• 20120928_193630.jpg
    20120928_193630.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 152
  • 20120928_104606.jpg
    20120928_104606.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 118
I would sit it with the arch going up, and off to the right with one end toward the corner, the back right corner.

I usually just play around with my tank and eventually find what I like. But if I were you I would put it in the middle in front of the slate.

I usually just play around with my tank and eventually find what I like. But if I were you I would put it in the middle in front of the slate.[/QU

(y) I agree that is my thought and at this point I have placed it just that way and I pushed the middle slates back a little so they curve better now

I LOVE your slate. I actually saw this pic yesterday before going to the chain store to try and find some kind of natural rock cave and was very disappointed I couldn't find something to mimic what I saw in your pic, but scaled smaller. I would put the slate in front of the driftwood. I ended up with what they call wonderstone and made two cool caves out of it but I'd have rather had something like what you have with the slate as a nice foreground decoration with the wod behind with with plants on the wood. But I'm a newbie to the natural look so just my two cents based purely on what I find visually stunning.

Back
Top Bottom