IM SO ANGRY!!!!! Update! part 2, found the manager

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Me two

:evil: We were going to our loca fish place (PSP) and it was a shipment day so we get in their and they had a 6 or 7 inch arowana! its dorsal fin, tail and any other fin looked like confetti! It was sick! I'd have ick too! We come back the next day and Well it was gone. So we asked the staff what happened to it. She said, " it died, we dont know why". Gee i dont know maybe it was in a tiny tank, shredded fins, and ICK

It made me sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: 8O

been in your shoesbefore my friend, its a shame pet stores don't have the requirements for helth like they do for puppys and kittens, try www.liveaquaria.com or thatpetplace.com they havea lot of fish to buy and they guarentte the health of all fish

yeah but im in the UK = no buying fish online! well i cant seem to find a website!

FWIW, in the US, you can call the county or city tax office and request the name and address for the owner of any business or residence. The information is considered public. I did this when I had to write a little letter to an owner about their tenants who like to party all night long on weeknights. Maybe your dad can help you with this.

I used to work in an aquarium store, and I can tell you, the owner did not appreciate losing fish. We were always walking on eggshells whenever a bad batch of fish arrived. That manager is probably getting paid less than $10 (or pounds) an hour, and he could care less because he is obviously a jerk, and the success of the store does not affect his bottom line. He should care because fish deserve good treatment, but many people just have no compassion for animals. Or for their fellow-human beings, for that matter.

That is AWFUL to hear.. and to make it worse the Manager doesn't even CARE!!! I would go to the owner... That is crazy really.... Good luck! Let us know how it goes..

Well, i went back and i have to say its better, no dead fish, and less ill fish, but i still wont buy any from there, as far as the manager and owner i have tried but i cant get hold of them or find them, im still hunting him down lol.

Finally i found that manager, garrrr so i tell him about the fish, and the dead fish. he said yeah well we go round every 30 min and get them out we cant be there all the time, and then he said that his fish are NOT ill, for 25min we argued that his fish were not fine, he would not listen to me ( its because im only 16) anyway i was not going to give, he thought that i now nothing about fish, but thanks to AA i do, so i kept on fighting and told him about his ill fish and give him all the info i now about it, he finally listened to me, and said "hang il be back" so then the owner came, i have to admit it was getting hard to argue, he came across in such a mean way, at least 6ft.7 so i was like eeekkk, but i started again about the ill fish, and after a hole hour of arguing, i got the respect i should have got from point go, my dad then came in ( he let me do the arguing as a learning curve of life ) and we went into the aquarium part, he gave me all the fancy guppies i wonted for free, and the said sorry, and actually offered me a job, when i start driving ( uk need to be 17) I was so shocked, he said its and to find staff that care, and gave me this talk about we wont to keep a reputation, and offered be the job of being the manager of the aquarium department when i can drive, he said i am knowledgeable and care about fish, he said its hard to find people who care about the fish when they sell them, and you seem to, I did not now what to say, so i said thank you with a puzzled tone and said il get back to you, so even though the staff are rubbish, if i got a job there i could actually tell people about the illness and cycling the tank etc, its a opportunity to help the little fish, i guess, so thats the update people, after over a month of trying to get him, i end up with a job offer, strange world we live in....

Sounds like it turned out well then!

Like you said, if you get a job there you will be able to help inform other customers and staff. Sounds like a good plan.

If you can't get the LFS to change their ways, get them to hire you and change them yourself.

Now thats one I haven't heard before.

way to go imrandome1 ! nice going
Thank you, that means a lot to me !:)

If you can't get the LFS to change their ways, get them to hire you and change them yourself.

Now thats one I haven't heard before.

Ehh, why not? lol

Back
Top Bottom