Jelly like stuff on my rocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rebelyeller89

Aquarium Advice Freak
Recently put in some lace rock and it was doing fine. I've been away since Friday morning, and had a friend feeding the fish. When I turned the lights on I noticed this jelly stuff all over two of my rocks. Any idea what it is?

Attachments

• image-3896416741.jpg
    image-3896416741.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 351
I was gonna say snail eggs, but that looks way to concentrated and too much area covered....

You ask your friend if he put anything new in? I'd also like to know have you had any new additions to the tank? Or any sicknesses recently?

It's a 75 gallon with 10 J. Transcriptus. Very small Julies, none over 2 inches. She wouldn't have done anything but feed them, she's kept fish before

Looks like someone got happy with the fish food and a pile stuck to the rocks and turned funky. I have seen that before... some kind of bacteria/bleh. I would get it out ASAP.

I could be wrong... but sure looks familiar.

^^ I have to agree looks like bacteria. Ur friend might of gone a bit crazy with the food. If ur going on vacation for less than a week to there's not really a need to find someone to feed ur fish. I know I get paranoid about letting other people feed mine.

Back
Top Bottom