Koi angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

calfishguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been through multiple batches of angels and only my original koi and a black marble have survived have any of you found that kois are tougher than regular angels(the tank is cycled)

calfishguy said:
I have been through multiple batches of angels and only my original koi and a black marble have survived have any of you found that kois are tougher than regular angels(the tank is cycled)

koi are tougher Mine are two males and they are really friendly too.

good I just special ordered three more from my lfs so I am happy to hear that I am not the only one that finds them tougher.

I have had TERRIBLE luck keeping angel fish! All have died within a couple months of purchase! EXCEPT for my two koi angels! They were my longest living fish. <3 them. ): But sadly they both passed recently when I had rust leak in the tank and whiped out half of my fish. I miss them!!! I'd have to agree they're very hearty fish

That's wonderful! :D I hope to be so lucky one day! I LOVE angels! I could buy them older/larger from a local fish store and I don't know if that makes them a bit less delicate, but it'd take all the fun away from raising them from babies. Is there anything special you do that helps?

reesies_87 said:
That's wonderful! :D I hope to be so lucky one day! I LOVE angels! I could buy them older/larger from a local fish store and I don't know if that makes them a bit less delicate, but it'd take all the fun away from raising them from babies. Is there anything special you do that helps?

No I just fed them on flake food for the first 2 years and then started giving them the odd bit of bloodworm as a treat

Back
Top Bottom