Ladies watch your hair!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rach101

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I glanced over to the tank, because i noticed that the " trickling noise" stopped, and I saw that the filter had stopped.
This had happened before, due to a very very dirty cartragde, so i took it down, dismantled it, and it was pretty dirty. So I cleaned it off in tank water in a dish, then set it up again. To my dismay it still did not work, so I took apart the entire thing, and found that a few strands of my hair had gotten caught in the " motor" and stopped it from spinning.
I have long hair, and I shed ._. alot, so Im guessing while I was fooling around with my tank I didnt realize my hair had fallen in.
Either way, lesson learned.

I found a semi solution to that problem. I cut my wifes hair down to about 3 inches long. Much easier to clean up and I think she's actually shedding less. The real upside though is I won't have to replace another vacuum cleaner...Them things get expensive!

I found a semi solution to that problem. I cut my wifes hair down to about 3 inches long. Much easier to clean up and I think she's actually shedding less. The real upside though is I won't have to replace another vacuum cleaner...Them things get expensive!

OH MY GOD! 8O Bad Skyrmir! lol!

hshahahahaha. things like that (vacuums mostly... and having my hair being thought of as a chew toy for my chinchilla) are some of the reasons i cut my waist-length hair to my ears. :D

Rach101 said:
OH MY GOD! 8O Bad Skyrmir! lol!

What? I make sure to keep my wife comfortably groomed and a healthy shiny coat. Oh, and I make sure she doesn't read the same forums I post in. :p

Rach - since my hair is long, I make sure to check the impeller once in a while to make sure there are no hairs.

Me too Lori, I find my hair everywhere. Sometimes even the cats end up eating it. LOL I figure it's only fair, their hair is always around me.

yeah, i live with my two sisters and mother and i do find some hair everyonce in a while in one of the tanks or in my filters. but if i were to look in the bathroom....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I have the long hair in the house now.. :p
My g/f sheds really bad even with the hair cut 8O
I just bought a new vacuum and busted it within 6 hours (it was a heavy duty one so I thought that maybe I could get away with not sweeping up the hair first, man was I wrong!) well... took it back and got it replaced (I usually fix them but grief it melted the end off the roller!) back to sweeping the carpet before its vacuumed well until I catch up with the sheading around here.. :roll: that will hopefully be today..
I havnt had this problem in the past (had long haired people around my tanks before without issue) but Ill keep an eye out for this in the future..
Thanks Rach!! :p :p
even though you said ladies watch out.. I will forgive you for your trangression and send you some kudos.. :D

Back
Top Bottom