Lighting Issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shanrenfrow6281

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 30 gallon tall tank. It houses female Concict chiclids. Unfortuanlty this tanks filter only fits directly in the middle on the top and so it is in the middle of the tank. Other equipent is ran to this spot and all run up one spot which is hidden by tall foliage. Recently my little savage children broke the light that fits the top of the tank.Tight on funds so all I have is a 18" submisrisable light. It doesnt float doest have any way to fasten it to the lid or top of the tank. IT has suction cups, great goes in the water. Where do I put this thing so it doesnt look horrible. All I have is this ugly led bar across the bottom back substrate and it looks like crap.......

eBay do cheap submersible lights from memory.

I tried mine at front corners (tank has black corner strips which partially hid them), facing into tank. Lighting up some feature.

I have one of the cheap submersible lights placed at the very top in the back of the tank and facing downward. I hardly notice it because the suction cups are just below the aquarium trim and the bar sort of blends in. It does a great job lighting the bottom of the tank and still illuminates fish near the surface. Places like Lowe’s sell LED tube lights that aren’t too expensive and might work if you have a light cover. Maybe. Limited rations and activities for the savages till the light is paid for? Lol.

Back
Top Bottom