Lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leftysav

Aquarium Advice Regular
I work about 12 hours a day so I miss getting to see my tank with lights on from time to time. I have some marineland led strips w some blue LEDs on it. Will it effect the plants/fish if I turn them on when I get home just so it's lit up a bit even though the daytime lights have ran their cycle for the day?

If you don't have plants in the tank then I would just leave them off during the day or whenever you aren't there. Leaving the lights on for an extended period isn't going to hurt anything, but you might get some algae.

It's a fully planted tank. Currently they are on a timer but when I get home they are off but I do have the blue LEDs that I'm not using that I can out on top so I can look at them a bit when I get home. I just want to make sure that's not going to hurt the fish/plants as previously stated.

Ok. Thanks. Im at work from roughly 10am-12am 5 days a week but on my days off I want to have the lights on same schedule but see them still. So I have them on from 2pm-12am now. I just want to use the blue LEDs on the nights I get home after 12...I love watching the rainbows swim around!....thx for the help!

Back
Top Bottom