Looking for stocking advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wolfman2018

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I’m going to be setting up my 55 gallon tank pretty soon and I was looking for peoples opinions as to what I should stock it with. Having a difficult figuring it out. I really don’t want common fish like plattys or guppies or anything like that. I would like fish that get maybe two inches and have good color. Originally I wanted chiclids. Actually I still do but I know they fight a ton and kill each other all the time and I don’t have the money to keep going out to buy more fish just so more can die. Could get very expensive. So any stocking suggestions would be welcomed. Thank you all in advance

What about rainbow fish. There are different types and colours. I personally like the pacific blue eye rainbowfish. they are yellow with (of course) bright blue eyes.

Yea I was actually thinking about rainbow fish, I’ve never kept them before and they really do have some nice colors, where do you buy yours from

Wow they are pretty pricy, the ones I see are about 10.00 a piece. Is that a normal price??

I don't have rainbow but i thought about getting them. However if did go with them i'd go with this website. I've got stuff from them before and it's always been good quality. It is a Canadian website though so it depends where you are. Fork-tailed Blue Eyes | ShrimpFever

Back
Top Bottom