Loosing starter fish left and right

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Love_MyFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, way before I got the FW fever I didnt know of fishless cycling and now 6 months later my poor Starter Danios, and red fins are dying at a rate of one or two a week is this normal? My Water Paremeters are AM 0 NI 0 NA 10......:hide:

You may have to do 30%water changes every other day. Check your water parameter with a API master liquid rest kit.

You may have to do 30%water changes every other day. Check your water parameter with a API master liquid rest kit.

Why the PWC when Tests are fine? I seem to loose the with water changes, I use prime and a python, 1 hour after the PWC I test and everything is great. daily test show no fluctuations at all.

:facepalm:

Love_MyFish said:
Why the PWC when Tests are fine? I seem to loose the with water changes, I use prime and a python, 1 hour after the PWC I test and everything is great. daily test show no fluctuations at all.

:facepalm:

Some sickness can be cured just by doing PWC(even if the parameters are fine). Since you don't know what's wrong with your fish, keeping the water fresh and clean might help them bounce back.

that might be hard to figure out then. I would up the water change schedule also (as already mentioned), in case something managed to find its way into the water.

I totally agree mostly on the basis that I have been through the mystery deaths, later finding out that they were due to my girlfriend at the time compulsively spraying air freshener in the living room.

Back
Top Bottom