mold..?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rreekers

Aquarium Advice FINatic
so my sister previously had some sort of white mold growing on top of her filter pads in her HOB filter.. I've cleaned it off a few times and it keeps coming back. and now its appearing on the underside of the Hood.
any idea regarding what it might be or why its appearing?

I will post the picture of it on the filter pads.. I just don't understand

its gooy and it does come off if you rub it off with water .. but it comes back, and now I'm noticing it in different place of the tank... all areas that are exposed to moisture but are not submerged

ForumRunner_20120204_194624.jpg

I would change it just to be safe

These are old pictures of the 1st time it happened.. i washed them out really good, then a few days (4 or 5) days later it started to show up again, not to the level in the picture. so i replaced them with piece of media i cut from a roll. it started to show up again after about 7-10 days.

I believe its an actual mold since its only appearing outside of the water in damp areas & not in the water itself. Is it possible to remove the hood/tank cover from the tank to prevent it from growing underneath it? A dehumidifier placed near the tank may help as well. The problem is the mold spores are in the air & they will settle & grow where ever its damp-Im not sure how to address this problem. I believe there may be air filters that can help with this issue but I would do some googling for additional suggestions.

jlk said:
I believe its an actual mold since its only appearing outside of the water in damp areas & not in the water itself. Is it possible to remove the hood/tank cover from the tank to prevent it from growing underneath it? A dehumidifier placed near the tank may help as well. The problem is the mold spores are in the air & they will settle & grow where ever its damp-Im not sure how to address this problem. I believe there may be air filters that can help with this issue but I would do some googling for additional suggestions.

OK thank you very much!

Back
Top Bottom