Most expensive fish you own/owned

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A 6 inch silver scat, cost me 25 bux! Anything else is too expensive. That's why I keep brackish and FW =)

I don't buy too many expensive fish, but I prefer to buy baby fish and when they grow full size they are worth 10x how much you bought them for, gives you a big sense of achievement. My black shark was the most expensive probably 5 bucks when I bought him and now I think hes worth 12.

I know! I was going to buy 20 flowerhorn grade A fry. They would have been worth a fortune in about 8 months! Grade A usually go for about 500 bux around here.

($AUD) My husband bought me a bristlenose catfish that cost him $35.00 and just recently 5 show cardinal tetras that cost $13.95ea and a clown loach $16.50.

Louise :D

Only $4.99 for my male Betta. Though I think my flying foxes cost about the same as well for youngsters.

Only $4.99 for my male Betta. Though I think my flying foxes cost about the same as well for youngsters.

I have an emperator angel, he is beautiful and I bought him for 110.00 usd. I just shelled out 40.00 for another large porky puffer. Corals are another story as far as cost is concerned.

I bought a 30 dollar shrimp and it died within 4 hours, thats life

That's why I stick to the cheap ones...If they croak, it's only another $2-$3 down the drain. IMHO, the little cheap ones are just as beautiful as the very expensive ones. I even find that the cheap ones are more relaxing because I'm not always worrying about losing a $100 fish! Of course like all of us, I even hate losing the $1.00 fishes too... :(

Well, I got another one free since I know the owner, and the new one is WELL worth the 30 bux, this thing is too cool.

I got another one free since I know the owner,

That's cool. None of the places I go to are that generous with their fish. Fortunately, I've really only had bad luck with the Gouramis I've tried. They die within three weeks or less.

Back
Top Bottom