Moving :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KurtR

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, i'm moving in a few months, and i wonder what I should do with my Freshwater Tank and the Koi's that are in there. I plan to donate the 4 koi which all range from the sizes to 3 to 12 inches, to my local high-school. They have a fabulous pond with a courtyard, and I think that they may like them.

I'm thinking of establishing my new FW tank, at my new house. The tank is 110 Gallons. Does anyone have any ideas of any new type of fish I should add to the tank ?

110 gallons gives you lots of room to play with there. Here are some suggestions from my experience.

School of Harlequin Rasboras
School of Corydoras
Discus

I ended up donating the Koi to the local high school, after thinking of plan to build my own pond. Now I have an empty tank. I want to put fish back into it. But I don't know which type (freshwater or saltwater fishes) to get since I only had experience with the regular fancy goldfish and koi.

You have a lot of fiddle space... that's awesome. You could alwyas do several different schools. Like cardinals, danios, corys... it'd be a really flashy tank. Or if you want to take the step between freshwater and saltwater, you could do an African rift lake cichlid tank. Really flashy, you'd just have to be sure all the fish are endemic to the same lake.

I actually love the idea of having a small colorful school of fish in the tank. Plus, I would still be staying on the Freshwater sides of thing, so it wouldn't be that much of a change.

I like:
Cardinals
Danios
Corys
Boesmani
Praecox
Furcatas

Now I just got to check if they are all compatible with each other. :p

In a few weeks, or month time when I move to my new house, these fishes should be on top of my list, well after un-packing. :(
:p

Thanks SO Much for the great ideas, "amq" and "neilanh".

Back
Top Bottom