My 15 gallon community tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cator88

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello!
This is my first time posting here and having an aquarium which I am really excited about. I wanted to sign on here to read other related forums and share my experience as well. I am currently setting up a 15 gallon fresh water community tank. Right now I have the tank filled and running on 2 filters with substrate which caused the water to cloud up a bit but is now clearing..
I'm looking to have many live plants and :
2- SPOTTED BLUE EYE *PSEUDOMUGIL GERTRUDAE* RAINBOWFISH
SIZE: 1.5"
2 - ORANGE AUSTRALE KILLIFISH
SIZE: 2.5"
6- MARTHAE SILVER HATCHET
SIZE: 2"
2- DWARF GOURAMI
SIZE: 2"
1- ELEPHANT EAR HALFMOON PLAKAT BETTA
SIZE: 3"

I after a ton of research I was really excited with the fish selection but I am worried that it may be over stocked :/
I'd appreciate your input and thanks in further advance!!

Attachments

• image-1255746355.jpg
    image-1255746355.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 53
At a glance, it does seem overstocked, but I don't know enough about all the fish listed to say for sure.
I think there may also be some compatibility/aggression issues as well, that would only be magnified by overcrowding. I don't think its a good idea to keep gouramis and bettas together in that sized tank as both are pretty territorial and are known to conflict with each other.

Coyne is right. I would nix the betta or the gouramis. The other choices would be just fine then. Good luck and welcome to AA. Best forum and best people. OS.

Back
Top Bottom