My 33 Gal. Community Tank Log!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I tested water today and I have .25 ammonia. Goody, a big change is in order.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Did my PWC and my nerites laid eggs. My oldest guppy female is dying of intestinal prolapse and a spinal deformity so I picked up two more females so my males wouldn't be so mean.

Ich outbreak- temp is at 86 and I added four airstones. Cories are loving the bubbles!

So guys, I'm thinking of skipping the angel for some otos. Thoughts? I need to get rid of some guppies though, I'm up to about twenty from fry. I only want my four favorite males and my four females. (I'm growing out a batch of girls right now to add maybe two more.) I'm also interested in bristlenose plecos. I'm also thinking of skipping the cherry barbs. I want ones the pinkish color of the live aquaria pic but they all seem either brown or very very very red. I was thinking instead of some neons to compliment the coloration of my rams. Thoughts? I was going against the angel because I don't want it to fight with my rams, especially a breeding pair.

Someone respond to my thread pretty please?
I have a runner on my val!

Otto are very sencitive to water problems try a CEA or pleco
Neons sensitive as well but more reasonable
look at cardinal tetras IMHO they are hardy

Sent from my Zeepad 7DRK using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I am absolutely not getting a CAE. Thank you for your advice; I do realize the sensitivity of otos.

ok so im getting lost reading everything youve written maybe you can rewrite in bullet form so we can see your desired stocking list and make suggestions.... from what i can read id say go cardinal tetras instead of neons....

ok so im getting lost reading everything youve written maybe you can rewrite in bullet form so we can see your desired stocking list and make suggestions.... from what i can read id say go cardinal tetras instead of neons....

Sorry I've been posting hoping someone would read it and comment! So sure I will go through in one minute and do that. And yes I forgot about cardinals until lilme posted about them but they are very hard to get around here and I really don't want to ship with the unpredictable weather around here.

My new stocklist is-

8 guppies
2 GBR
6 otos
5 peppered cories
5 rummynose tetras
5 cardinal tetras

Yes they are beautiful fish but I don't want a fight with the other rams and the electrics and golds around here are $30 each and $25 each respectively. I was looking into 2-3 females and a male but apparently the pair will kill the others. I have two females right now so whichever he pairs with the other has to go I think I will trade it for a school since they are ~$8 each.

honestly try it out, in a 33 gallon there should be enough room, ive never had such problems when dealing with rams.... another suggestion would be some rainbow fish

I really don't want such expensive fish to be murdered. What I am hearing is the pair will murder the rest of the rams and I would like them to breed also. What sort of rainbows? I don't really know about them much and don't want to overstock.

ok so if you dont feel safe with that , thats fine , play it safe as for rainbows i love bosemani rainbows.. 2-4 of those would be beautiful.....

Cool I will check them out! Originally I wanted a bristlenose Pleco but I don't want the otos to have all their food eaten

Hmm I like them a lot however I may get them a whole later on so I can trade for a bunch of guppies, I'm only in high school

I'm doing a algae blackout right now. When I get up in the morning at six and leave the tank lights OFF for a reason my brother thinks it's hilarious to turn them on and feed the fish. I always catch him before he actually feeds them though, he's not exactly sneaky.

I'm doing a algae blackout right now. When I get up in the morning at six and leave the tank lights OFF for a reason my brother thinks it's hilarious to turn them on and feed the fish. I always catch him before he actually feeds them though, he's not exactly sneaky.

So lights on from 630 am when I leave to 1030 at night is causing a bit of an issue.

I wouldn't suggest boesemanis in that size tank, they are very active swimmers and need hiding spaces since they should be kept in groups of five or more. I have some in my 55 gallon and I feel like they would love more space! I don't know much about other rainbows as I haven't personally kept any other kind. Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom