My 33 Gal. Community Tank Log!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
Welcome to my log! This is about my 33 Gal. Long freshwater community.
Stats-
Flourite substrate
Driftwood
Aqueon Heater
Aqua clear 150 Filter
Tetra 10i Filter
Fluorescent strip style light, blueish coloration

I plan to plant this tank with low light plants and add some bigger driftwood pieces. I may add sand in the future. I am fish-in cycling.

Wanted stocklist-
12 Guppies
5 Rummynose Tetras
5 Cherry Barbs
M/F pair of GBR
5 Julii or Three Stripe cories

Pictures-
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411939148.655322.jpg
1 Hour into setup

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411939244.920221.jpg
24 Hours after setup

Emerald76

Current stock-
8 Guppy Fry (Red/Orange with either delta or swordtails)
5 Orange/Red Delta Females
2 Black/Blue Delta Females
1 Black/Blue Delta Male
2 Red/Orange Delta Males
1 Red Swordtail Male
1 Pink Delta Male

I realize that is more than I want for my final stock, the fry, unless exceptional, are to be sold and the same for any future fry. The pair of delta red males are probably going to be gone before this coming Saturday in exchange for either the tetras, barbs, or cories unless my LFS has a mated pair of rams in and my tank is stable. I may also sell most of the red/orange females and get a pair of yellows, a pair of blues, and a pair of either purples or greens. So far, ammonia and nitrites have been perfect and low nitrates. I do have a lot of used filter material from my old tank plus driftwood that was in there.

Emerald76

Ill be watching your progress. Very interested. Especially w the plants and added drift wood. We have the same fish list minus a few. Thanks for the thread. Good luck.

Thank you! I'm going for low light stuff like Java fern, mosses, etc. Id love to try foxtail, it's one of my favorites!

Emerald76

Ill be watching your progress. Very interested. Especially w the plants and added drift wood. We have the same fish list minus a few. Thanks for the thread. Good luck.

I see you do co2- do you use ferts? What would you recommend?

Emerald76

So, since I have plans for the several different types of a fancy show guppies that id like to be able to sell, do you think housing them all together then separating fry to a second tank would work? I can't keep them apart according to color but I do want nice fry so I can get more fish stuff!

Emerald76

If you want them to hold there value then you should separate the types or just keep one

Fishobsessed7

Well I may run some fives in my brother's room with pairs or trios and then toss the fry into some big breeding nets in my tank.

Emerald76

Just got a pair of nerites, tire track and olive and a spiral val and a anubias nana.

Emerald76

The LFS had all these ADORABLE bristlenose, Cory, angel, guppy, and tetra fry! Plus a bunch of quarter inch pea puffers! Too cute and so tempting!

Emerald76

Ack! Little brother just dropped five rummiesin my tank- said e thought id want them.

Emerald76

And now I can't find one of them. Great, and I put a hood on it that doesn't actually fit.

Emerald76

Woo! Found them and SO GLAD now my little bro picked them out! gorgeous fish! They are so vibrant and active! Anyone know about breeding lol?

Emerald76

Also, put the spiral vals and anubias in! Vals all across back and the anubias on the wood! Looks awesome IMO

Emerald76

The Val is browning a bit- adjustment period? Fish are good, should have four guppies dropping fry soon.

Emerald76

Okay tested today!
Trites-0
Trates-0
Ammonia-0
PH-7.6
I think the nitrates are a little higher than zero but my kit is old. So- cleared for an angel or cories today?

Emerald76

Breeding rummys
Add plants
Low light
Slightly alkin water
And your fish
They will eat there eggs btw

Sent from my Zeepad 7DRK using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Got a pair of rams and five cories since my repeated daily water checks have all turned up zero ammonia zero nitrite and less than twenty nitrate. I meant to grab a m/f pair but judging by the way they are coloring up- very quickly indeed- they are both females. I can alway return one to my LFS and get a male though.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Petsmart had false Julii cories in!! Ack I want them!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom