Need advice on stocking 29 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rpgmomma8404

Aquarium Advice Activist
I currently have three swordtails in my 29 gallon. The tank is cycled and the swordtails came from my 15 gallon (so I've had them for a while). I was wondering what else can I put in the tank without going overboard. I love my swordtails but I really don't want anymore then what I have. I don't want platy's because for some odd reason I can't keep them alive :banghead:.

Honestly you can't put a lot in with them because swords can get 5+ inches especially the males. Some people find that hard to believe but it's true. They also have a high bio-load.

You could try a nice school of smaller tetras like Neons, Cardinals, Rummynose, Glowlight, Black Neons or Harlequin Rasbora's. Some Cherry Barbs would also work. Then maybe some Cory cats for the bottom of the tank.

Do you have 1 male and 2 females, or all males? I agree with a small school of cherry barbs and some Cory's you will be maxed out.

Do you have 1 male and 2 females, or all males? I agree with a small school of cherry barbs and some Cory's you will be maxed out.

1 male and 2 females. I wouldn't risk having all males. That just sounds like a death party waiting to happen.

Honestly you can't put a lot in with them because swords can get 5+ inches especially the males. Some people find that hard to believe but it's true. They also have a high bio-load.

You could try a nice school of smaller tetras like Neons, Cardinals, Rummynose, Glowlight, Black Neons or Harlequin Rasbora's. Some Cherry Barbs would also work. Then maybe some Cory cats for the bottom of the tank.

I'll probably go with cories. I wish I would have stopped my boyfriend from getting them now, lol. What kind of cories would you suggest? and how many? I know they have to be in a group but not sure how big.

You could maybe do 5 Panda's but you have to do 50% WC's weekly. Also fry are going to build up so you need a plan on what to do with them.

Back
Top Bottom